Friday 31 October 2014

Cross My Heart&Hope To Spy-A Book Review||❤

Cross My Heart & Hope To Spy (#2)
By Ally Carter
Publication Date: October 2nd 2007 (this edition 2010)

Cammie Morgan may have a genius IQ and attend the best school in the country, but as she starts the spring semester of her sophomore year there are a lot of things she doesn't know. Like will her ex-boyfriend even remember she exists? And how much trouble did she really get in last semester? And, most of all, exactly why is her mother acting so strangely? 

All Cammie wants is a nice, normal semester, but she's about to learn her greatest lesson yet—that when you go to a school for spies, nothing is ever as it seems.

I had said in my review of the first book that I wanted the second book in the series to be better and well, today you are going to find out! Cross My Heart & Hope to spy follows the lives of Cameron Morgan and her friends Bex, Liz and Macey who attend the prestigious Gallagher Academy. Cammie is still recovering from her heart break and bumping into Josh in town was not helping! And to top it all off her mum in hiding something. Blackthorne. She doesn't know what it is but if it means rummaging through her mums draws to find a 'nail clipper' and installing a camera which takes pictures every 90 seconds, then it must be important. Then events turn, suddenly doing your hair up is more important. What could it be??

I actually kind of liked this book. It was extremely  and it made me giggle at some moments. I was laughing at some of the situations and sitting for hours just to finish this book. It is one of those books where you just can't wait to finish off the whole series. It is different to what I usually read. Around a year ago these were the types of book I would always take out of the library and I am slowly crawling back to them slyly. It was quite refreshing for me to take a break from all the fast paced thrillers I have been reading lately and swoon at the romance in this book. 

Overall, I really did like the book. It made me feel my age a bit and it wasn't too adult, it told jokes I understood and it didn't use exceptionally long sentences to describe their eyelashes which was an actual relief!!


Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx
Share:

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading these books years ago! Great review, I love how it brings back the memories

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/review-anna-dressed-in-blood-anna-1-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Keep reading them books gurl!

    ReplyDelete