Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Ten Book Challenge||❤


I was tagged by Anna @enchantedbyya so thanks for that!
The Rules are:
List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes, and do not think about it too hard. They do not have to be the "right books", or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list!

Fault In Our Stars by John Green:
This book was the first book which made me cry my eyes out, it was so heart-warming and I didn't expect much from it. It surprised me so much and I have read it so many times!

Witches by Roald Dahl:
What a classic book, right? Roald Dahl's books were one of the first proper books I ever read. It brings back the memories of repeatedly reading them although I had read all of his books multiple times. This book is so funny and was so interesting that I actually thought these witches were real and would look out for women wearing pointy shoes!

Harry Potter by J.K Rowling:
These books are brilliant! I am addicted to this whole story and I just wanted my acceptance letter to Hogwarts! It is a brilliant series which made my imagination go wild and I love it.

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging:
This book is life to me! I have never laughed so much in my life!! I loved how it fit my personality, I fell in love with all of the characters and I just wanted to be friends with all of the characters! I was crying and helplessly clutching my stomach whenever I read the series!

Gossip Girl:
I feel guilty for even liking this series! It is just so addictive though.... I am obsessed with America and Ivy League Universities and things like that and it makes me want to jump into that the life. I must add it was very melodramatic but I just loved the gossip and I found myself whispering all the time 'you know you love me, xoxo, gossip girl'

Skulldugery Pleasant:
This books is legendary! A skeleton who is a dectective, what more would I want?  A brillant primary school/middle school read! Absolutely loved it to bits.

Journey To The River Sea:
An absolutely beautiful book. I love Eva Ibbotsons books and it was just so beautiful to read when I was younger.
The Naughtiest Girl Series by Enid Blyton:
I told my mum I wanted books for christmas when I was around 7/8 years old and my my gave me a fresh boxset of this whole series! I was delighted, it made me want to join the school, I always dreamed about being a part of it and was my childhood dream. I must add in that I would've rather gone to Whyteleafe than to Hogwarts!

The Secret Garden:
I have read this book so many times! I can literally recite all the chapters but the weird thing is that wh(enever I read the book I think about it differently every time I read it.

The Wizard Of Oz:
This book is absolutely brilliant! It takes me to Oz and after reading it I never wanted to enter the real world. I could compare the classic film to the book as I read along. It was playful and brought had me smiling from ear to ear.

So guys, this is my top ten, I hope you enjoyed it and I apologise so much for not posting this week or even last. With all the workload being pushed on me and I have to read another classic book, keep a reading journal (only for select classic authors e.g. Robert Louis Stephenson, James Joyce, Jane Austen etc.) keeping that up is hard, my music exams are in two months and I still have to learn my violin pieces, I have to keep my artwork at a high standard, I am working on my composition for music, I have stuff to do for Religious Studies, science work and a whole lot more to keep up with so please bare with me! I am extremely sorry and I will try and post at least once or twice a week but feel free to tell me your blogs so I can interact with the people who actually view my blog. I am not prepared to sit through detentions so I am trying to get all of my work and blog done and around 1 hour 30 minutes it spent on doing my instruments and music theory. Also I am sticking to reading at least 1 book a week or even 2 if I haven't collapsed on my bed at night already!

(Not tagging anyone btw!)

Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx








Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment