Friday 24 April 2015

The DUFF-A Film Review||❤

The Duff
When people said that this film would be different, I didn't expect it to be So different it was completely alien to me. Yes, I do understand, films can't follow the book but this wasn't really 'The DUFF' anymore. It was like they flushed the whole meaning down the plug hole and out of the tap came a wannabe mean girls film.

This film was about Bianca, a girl whowas the 'duff' in her friendship group (The Designated Ugly and Fat Friend). When she is told so at a part by none other than Wesley Rush, a childhood best friend, she decides to recruit his help along the way distancing herself away from her friends.

This film had everything you didn't want in a film, cheesy acting, a weird storyline, cricket worthy lines which made me want to puke and a mean girl/disney star who was as intimidating as an orange. Mix this all together and you will make my worst nightmare. Mae Whitman was who definitely saved the film. Her witty personality and brilliant acting made me love Bianca as a character in this film. But who really stealer the show was Ken Jeong. Although he did have a minor role, he did inject some fun into the film and I found myself smiling the most at his parts.

What I didn't like about the film was that the book was almost dumbed down to fit younger audience. What the film was missing was the rawness from the book. Everything seemed to fake and set up that I had to force myself to sit through it. If they did go along with the book it would have been a more diverse film and a mature film. The DUFF does cover mature issues but this film felt like it deserved to be at the front of Nickelodeon promoting God knows what.

Overall I would give the film a 2/5. It wasn't good but I did smile around twice so it wasn't that bad. I wouldn't advise you to waste your money to see it. The Duff is a no no for me!


Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx
Share:

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I don't even know if I wanna see the film anymore.... I understand the need of changing stuff here and there so the whole thing is more appealing visually speaking but one thing is that, and the other is delivering an entire different movie. I can't stand it. I don't care if the message of the novel is there, that is not the point. The point is showing the audience that message following a novel. Why is it so hard to understand? This is why movies sink......
    Thanks for the honest review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame! I thought the movie looked cute and it even made me want to read the book. Looks like I should just read the book and skip the movie!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's such a shame that the movie seems to be so far from the book. I mean, when I read something I always like the adaptions when they are closely related to what has happened in the book. I do want to try the book though, so I hope that I can enjoy that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I want to watch the movie, I am waiting until I can rent it. I thought the book was ok but it looks like the movie was an almost different story
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen quite a debate about this movie. I want to read the book before watching the movie, so I think I might give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might be giving the movie a miss! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to watch the film, but I haven't read the novel yet. AND I WANT TO ALREADY. Glad you enjoyed the film, but I'm sad to see there were still some parts you didn't like, though. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete