Saturday 11 October 2014

Need-A Book Review||❤

Need
By Carrie Jones
Publication Date: 23rd December 2008

Pain shoots through my head. Fireworks. Explosions. All inside my brain. The white world goes dark and I know what's about to happen.


Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.

When I first picked out the book, I was quite creeper out by the lips on the cover. Trees at the bottom made me shiver but they do say to never judge a book by its cover so I had to let go on that one. I was intrigued by the mysterious creature and the significance of the gold glitter stuff (that's the best way I can describe it.) I loved how each chapter was a new phobia and I kept a tiny little page which I list all the new phobias I have learnt. It might sound weird but I really do want to be able to recite phobias from the top of my head. Am I the only one? Yep. *Awkwardly walks away*

But anyway, this book had an amazing start. The stalkerish feel to it, the man who called her name all the time it was brilliant! Then it just shot me right through the head when they brought in werewolves, like seriously, I didn't want another twilight in my hands. It was all going so well and then BAM the frikking werewolves and alphas had to come in. I felt like slamming a brick wall multiple times against my forehead, Such a good book with a brilliant concept ruined by werewolves. I wrapped my self up into a ball cringing at the whole protective mumbo jumbo. The pixie idea was brilliant though, it brought a whole evil shadow to them and it actually gave me some freaky nightmares about pixies but thats what I like about it!

I do seem to have a mixed point of view with this book, I mean the plot was brilliant but the twilight type thingy wasn't doing it for me. It was just that part in the middle which made me shiver but I did like the ending of the book and I do want to read more of the series. 
I would give it a 3.5/5 stars!


Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment