Friday 17 October 2014

Twilight-A Book Review||❤

Twilight (#1)
By Stephenie Meyers
Publication Date: September 6th 2006
About three things I was absolutely positive:

First, Edward was a vampire.

Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't know how dominant that part might be - that thirsted for my blood.

And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.


When Bella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.

What Bella doesn't realize is the closer she gets to him, the more she is putting herself and those around her at risk. And it might be too late to turn back...

My Thoughts.....
When I first read this book I was completely confused. I loved the simple cover and the description and I do still question myself to this day how I had pulled through that book. The first parts were awesome and I don't understand all the hate it was getting. I can not lie and say it was terrible when it was actually decent. It was just the tiny things which annoyed me. I got myself lost so many times, flicking back some pages to try and register everything. I still don't get the creepy staring stuff though.

The love story. I must congratulate Stephenie Meyers on this one. It wasn't too fast paced, it wasn't too cringe worthy that I wanted to dig myself in a hole. I do think the movie producers on this one did over dramatise their stares across the room. It wasn't that bad in the book. It wasn't like she was throwing herself upon him it was just small talk and conversation. Although I did sink into my seat at times it wasn't Divergent style (I hate divergent) and I loved it!
There is a tiny part of me which doesn't agree with the book. It was just that I felt like Bella relied on Edward for everything. I thought that she was meant to stay true to herself and be strong by herself but I found at times that it was all about Edward. Edward had to watch her when she slept, carry her when she was injured, protect her from other people when really she could've done all this herself. She doesn't necessarily need to look like the vulnerable female but I really wanted her to fight off everyone by herself!

I would give this book a 3.5/5 because it really was a really good which is definitely underrated! If you ever thought it was horrible, pick it up and read it again like I did. I just followed what everyone said and thought it was terrible and should be banished. But I am surprised at how much I actually like the book!

Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment