Monday 4 May 2015

Geek Girl:Picture Perfect-A Book Review||❤

Geek Girl: Picture Perfect
By Holly Smale
Publication Date: June 4th 2014
Rating: 3/5 Stars
"My name is Harriet Manners, and I'll always be a geek."
It's the hilarious third book in the No.1 bestselling, award winning GEEK GIRL series!
Harriet Manners knows more facts that most. She knows that New York is the most populous city in the United States. She knows that its official motto is "Ever Upward". She knows that 28% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.

But she knows nothing about modelling in the Big Apple, and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or how to "become a brand", as the models in New York put it. And, even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren't coming from your boyfriend...
Does geek girl go too far this time?
The laugh out loud follow-up to award winning GEEK GIRL and MODEL MISFIT will have you in stitches.


My Thoughts
Geek Girl Picture perfect is set after Harriet has finished her GCSE's and ventures onto the world of A-levels. She thinks everything will be perfect until her parents tell her last minute that she would be moving for her dads new job in New York. With people at home who have photocopies of her diaries and having to carry on her studies with a 6ft tall private teacher who scares the life out of her, a baby sister who screams to much and a boyfriend who she hasn't spoken to in ages, and a modelling agency who have completely forgotten her name, Harritet Manners life is far from perfect.

As I have said before in my reviews of the first and second book. I like the relaxed feeling I get from the book. When I was reading the book it kind of felt like a movie was going on, mainly because I was listening to Kodaline and Passion Pit at the same time so it kind of set the mood. The characters are still as funny and as silly as they are and I like how in this series it stays true to itself and doesn't wonder off into something completely different. If you are looking for a book which is in a first person perspective which is almost like you are talking yourself or writing a diary this is definitely for you.

What I didn't really like about the book was that nothing exciting happened. Other than(spoiler) her parents forgetting that it was her birthday, the book kind of felt just the same as any of the other books and it was rolling my eyes a bit more than laughing or nodding my head in agreement. What this book really needs is a bit of a change, yes I know that Harriet is a geek but I want to see her go through a phase like maybe a makeover where she changes her clothes. I'm not saying that Harriet should changer her personality completely but to be honest it did get quite boring and she wasn't really as funny anymore. It kind of felt like Harriet was nagging a bit more and I felt like I started to despise of her personality as the book went on.

What I liked about the book was mainly her parents. I loved how clueless they were and how hilarious and supportive they are of Harriet even when  they know she is a tiny bit crazy. Also I love Nick because his relationship with Harriet and how he was always there for Harriet even of he was in the middle of the desert in Africa! Even though Harriet starts talking to another boy, she soon realises that she really is in love with Nick.

Overall, I.do think that if you have enjoyed the series previously, this book would be great for you! If you are looking for a nice and laid.back series to read which is funny too then Geek Girl us definitely for you.

Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx


Share:

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this series. I think it will be fun for summer!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, it does sound like a lot to go through right before the A Levels, especially something as disrupting as having to move! I know I am looking forward to when I get a chance to try these books.

    ReplyDelete