Tuesday 16 September 2014

Allegiant-A Book Review||❤

Hi guys,
Today is going to be my review on the last of the Divergent series, Allegiant. I had mixed feelings about the book and it actually made it to my DNF pile and I am quite disappointed about that!
Synopsis:
The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. 

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.

I was fighting with this book. I was hoping for the third and last instalment to the whole series to wow me and to blow my mind completely but it just didn't do it. I desperately wanted to finish the book, I attempted to grit my teeth whenever something I didn't like came up but I just couldn't. You are probably wondering now why I didn't finish the book. First off, the plot was horrible, it wasn't really dystopia to me and more of me seeing through Tris&Tobias' relationship problems, the points of views were written like a 10 year old, I found myself practically sleeping whilst reading the book. It was like I felt a pain whenever I turned a page only to not be excited at all. 

Action. That was what I was after, I wanted to be hanging off my chair and sneaking my book in class just to finish off the pages, I wanted to be connected with the characters after 3 blooming pages, that's all I wanted! I can't always get my own way but with a book that badly written and I haven't even past halfway yet I do want to say some word personally with the author (not in a violent way). It felt like a task reading this book and reading to me is meant to be fun not something where you are banging your head of the table wanting it to end. 
Allegiant and the whole Divergent series has completely put me off dystopia. I used to be obsessed and would jump at any book but this series murdered my love. I always though dystopia would be just action and not mention the love stuff like The Maze Runner, or something exhilarating happens near the middle like The Hunger Games but it just didn't tick all my boxes. Being an extremely picky person, one minor mishap will put me off completely and that was Divergent. 

My overall verdict? Well, I didn't like the book, I didn't finish the book, I don't want anything to do with the book and I am basically just a hater. I'm sorry for all my hatefulness but I am generally not a very positive person. Seeing that the negatives overpower the positives I will give this book 1/5 stars.

Keep Reading (Just not divergent),
Naomi...xxx 


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment