Friday 10 July 2015

Burn For Burn-A Book Review||❤

Burn For Burn
By Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
Publication Date: September 18th 2012
Rating: 4/5 stars
Postcard-perfect Jar Island is home to charming tourist shops, pristine beaches, amazing oceanfront homes—and three girls secretly plotting revenge.
KAT is sick and tired of being bullied by her former best friend.
LILLIA has always looked out for her little sister, so when she discovers that one of her guy friends has been secretly hooking up with her, she’s going to put a stop to it.
MARY is perpetually haunted by a traumatic event from years past, and the boy who’s responsible has yet to get what’s coming to him.
None of the girls can act on their revenge fantasies alone without being suspected. But together…anything is possible.

With an alliance in place, there will be no more “I wish I’d said…” or “If I could go back and do things differently...” These girls will show Jar Island that revenge is a dish best enjoyed together.


My Thoughts 

When I had finished this book I had previously finished The Summer I Turned Pretty and I was looking for a new book to read from her as I enjoyed her writing. When I found Burn To Burn In my School Library I grabbed it and took it out as soon as I saw it as I wanted something different. Burn For Burn was definitely a book I don’t regret reading at all and I loved the sneaky feel to it.

What I loved about the book was the three point perspective from Mary, Kat and Lillia. It showed in the sense of three people all of the events happening and how they really felt towards getting revenge on these people who they used to be friends with but their hatred has built up so much that they are able to seek revenge on them. At first I was extremely confused and then as you get into the book you get to understand these things more. I was like “Why is Kat so rude? Why is Mary so quiet? Why does Lilia let this happen?”.

Although they did have quite bad feelings towards this people I found that the characters were quite sadistic by causing damage to people’s lives like that. Spoiler: Except for the prom queen one of course because it wasn’t that bad. But the other ones caused such bad physical damage that I even was felt disgusted by them for doing such horrible things. It just shows how far people will go to get back on someone and really made the bad people look good.
My favourite character would have to be Mary as she is the silent but deadly character who was a mystery throughout the whole book. I felt so sorry for her and her past and I just wanted to go and hug her because she had gone through so much with no one to help her. What really got me with this book was the ending. I kept on looking for the ‘remaining pages’ when really the book had just finished. I swear that cliffhangers will be the death of me!

Overall, I think that Burn For Burn was a brillant book which I would definitely recommend it you are into revenge type of storys and about going back into your past.


Keep Reading
Naomi...xxx
Share:

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that this one was worth reading. I have a copy of the sequel for some reason, but not this one, so I'll have to buy a copy and finally read it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely invest in the first book it is amazing and you will be hooked!

      Delete
  2. I love this series! It is so suspenseful and sneaky! I'm on the last book and it keeps getting more intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally read the synopsis for the third book and it gave everything away! I still can't wait to see what happens though

      Delete
  3. I have this book but simply have yet to read it, which I am going to be doing soon! I like the idea of a sneaky feel to the book and although the girls have bad opinions maybe they are justified in their opinions as well. I am looking forward to seeing how the revenge aspect comes to play here.

    ReplyDelete