Friday 17 July 2015

It's Not Summer Without You-A Book Review||❤

It's Not Summer Without You
By Jenny Han
Publication Date: April 27th 2010
Rating: 4/5 stars
Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?

It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.


My Thoughts

Here I am again today with another Jenny Han book review. I have currently become obsessed with her and her sweet contemporary reads and I really am excited to share with you guys today what I thought about this book. Han has quickly become of my all time favourites and her books are just so comforting. I finished this book in one sitting as I was drawn to each page.


It’s Not Summer Without You is one of those books which lightly pulls at the strings of your heart. I felt like jumping into the book and slapping Conrad but at the same time hug him because although he is stupid, I still have a thing for the original lovers. It just hit me hard with the feels and I really did want to steer the characters in the right direction. I felt like I was watching a Eastenders minus the crappy weather and pubs.  As always, Jenny Han’s writing style was casual yet original and I really was able to remember parts of the book I didn’t think that I would remember.


Belly did annoy me in this book. Her decisions made me want to bang my head against the door and I felt like she just sounded needy half the time. Another character who annoyed me equally as much was Jeremiah who always just popped up at the wrong times and was just a jealous little boy who needed to stay in his lane. Conrad was definitely who I liked as a character for some reason. He was just a sad boy trying to cope with everything in his life and all Belly gave him was absolute crap expecting him to be her knight in shining armour when in fact he was a normal college boy trying to look after everybody in his family. That was all that kept it from getting that 5 stars Belly and Jeremiah.

Although that was a let back I really enjoyed the story and how it led on. The way that everything was different without some characters but they all ended up sticking together. This was a great summery read which I read mid way through mock exams and it really did help me relax. Overall, I did enjoy this book and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series!

Share:

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book ,and this series! I found the characters to be stronger than ever, and it was so emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to read anything by Jenny Han, but do own a few of her titles after seeing how many readers really love her style of writing, yourself included. Her storylines always sound to effortless and easy to read. I love books that can be read in one sitting and fluffy romance is exactly what I need after reading so many contemporaries that are heavy themed. Awesome review Naomi, so glad you still enjoyed this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard a lot of great things about this book but have yet to pick it up and read it myself! It is definitely something I am going to do in time because I intend to read all of Jenny Han's books at some point. Brilliant review, as always. I loved when you mentioned it being like Eastender's without the pubs and rubbish weather, ahaha xD

    ReplyDelete