Friday 5 December 2014

A Boy Called Hope-A Short Book Review||❤

A Boy Called Hope
By Lara Williamson
Publication Date: March 1st 2014
Rating: 5 stars
I'm Dan Hope and deep inside my head I keep a list of things I want to come true.

For example, I want my sister, Ninja Grace, to go to university at the North Pole and only come back once a year.
I want to help Sherlock Holmes solve his most daring mystery yet. And if it could be a zombie mystery, all the more exciting.
I want to be the first eleven-year-old to land on the moon.
I want my dog to stop eating the planets and throwing them up on the carpet.
And finally, the biggest dream of all, I want my dad to love me.
A Boy Called Hope is a brave, bold and funny debut about family in all its shapes and sizes.
 


My Thoughts...
This heart-warming book will have you shedding a tear young or old. Although the book is actually aimed at younger children I was still sucked in and didn't dare to put this book down. Dan is a loveable, sweet and hilarious character who wants his father and only his father, even if it means breaking into his garden to look for him. His sister is constantly telling him to give up and that doesn't make him lose hope but fight even stronger, He sends emails and waits inside the news studios but he has only seen his father through the TV screen. Dan is quite the daydreamer and planner and is always there with a helping hand. I found myself very fond of him and his quirky attitude.

Overall, I would recommend this book to all young readers and also around the tween age. Your eyes will not fail to water when you read this book. If you are looking for a short and sweet and easy read this is definitely for you. I took me a surprisingly short time to read the book, maybe it was because that it had 291 pages the words were quite large.

Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx

"A white feather.
Falls from nowhere.
A white feather.
Like a solitary snowflake.
A white feather.
In an empty night sky.
A white feather.
Floats on the breeze.
A white feather.
An angel's calling card."


Share:

2 comments:

  1. I never have heard of this book before, but your review really makes me want to read it! Great review by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does seem like a book geared toward younger readers, probably those who share the protagonists age of eleven. I think my sister is at the age where she might enjoy this, so I will suggest it to her! It also sounds like a book all ages can enjoy even though it isn't geared for them especially.

    ReplyDelete