Monday 22 December 2014

Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone-A Book Review||❤


Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone
By J.K Rowling
Publication Date: June 30th 1997
Rating: 5 stars

Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy - until he is rescued by an owl, taken to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learns to play Quidditch and does battle in a deadly duel. The Reason: HARRY POTTER IS A WIZARD!



My Thoughts

This series is probably the first series I ever got into when I was in primary school. I was suddenly plunged into a world of Quiditch, spells and Draco Malfoy (swoons). This book made my imagination go wild and I started to believe that there was a different place where magic was real. Sadly, I didn't get my Hogwarts acceptance letter and didn't get to explore Diagon Alley (sobs to myself) but I do vow that in another life, if there is another, I will get my way through there and marry Malfoy!!

What I love about this book is that it is different. Who would've thought about such a cool concept and I love how we follow Harry and his friends through the whole year and as soon as it finishes you want another to carry on straight away and grab the next book. Each page has you hanging on every single line. It is not over complicated that you have to keep on raking in your head what happened in the page before, it isn't horribly written that is is driving you to chuck the book across the room and scream 'I give up' (naming no names *cough* Allegiant *cough*)  and not boring that I'm skimming past to find something interesting. Also, it has a hat which sings every single year (only in the books so you HAVE to read them!)

Overall, I do think you should read this book as it is mystical, magical and a hell load of fun! And to end to congratulate the author for such fabulous books........ TEN POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!

Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx

Are You Ravenclaw, Gyriffindor, HufflePuff Or Slytherin?
I'm a ravenclaw!
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Fab review, this is one of my all time favourite series because it got me into reading :) I'm slytherin by the way ahah

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2014/12/movie-review-hunger-games-mockingjay.html

    ReplyDelete