Thursday 7 August 2014

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You-A Book Review||❤

Hi guys!
I'm sorry for not being active this week. I was in Brighton yesterday, I woke up so early and I barely got any sleep the night before and I arrived home quite late too so there was no time to really do a post. On Monday and Tuesday I was a bit ill so I didn't feel well enough to be staring at my computer screen for an hour.
Enough about that, today I will be reviewing a book I have recently just picked up and that is the first of the Gallagher Girls series. I used to be obsessed with any spy based book like the Young Bond, Alex Rider, Cherub etc, and I wanted to revisit my phase and read more action based books. I picked out this one because first it is a YA book and second the cover was just too good not to buy it.
The goodreads description says, 'Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her? '

So first of all I really liked the concept of the book, young and intelligent female spies who are trained to become worldwide spies. The school, Gallagher Academy, is covered up as an elite boarding school for the 'poshies' as the local townspeople say. I liked how a bit of romance was slipped into it which made things even better. The school was different and interesting and I liked the parts when they were in the dining hall and had to speak to eachother in different languages. I also found it odd how boys had crushes on her mother which I find quite creepy. The author tried to connect with teengaers and write it in a way which teenagers would understand the book but it didn't really work and I burst out laughing at the parts which weren't meant to be funny. The censoring on the b-word was hilarious and the reaction I had was that I was aching with laughter. It was meant to be a shocking moment but I couldn't help but snicker. It was a fun book and would like to see if the second book is any better so the series could redeem itself.

Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment