Tuesday 12 August 2014

Any Red-Blooded Girl-A Book Review||❤

Hi Guys!
I was looking around my kindle at some YA Reads and this one popped up. I clicked on it eagerly, found out that it was free (A big win for me.) and read it in a night. Not because I liked it so much it is because I am quite a quick reader and can finish a book in less that 24 hours with a cup of tea and a packet of hobnobs. The book was 203 pages (With real page numbers!) well that was what Amazon told me. I just wanted a book, no need for the useless details. To be honest this book had so many problems in that this will be more of a rant than a book review. Grab a cuppa and enjoy this essay on why I despise of this book so much.
Goodreads description; The last thing fifteen-year-old Flora Fontain wants to do is spend her summer vacation stuck in a tent with her overprotective parents and angst-ridden brother, especially when she should be in Europe with her best friend Jessie-sipping espresso, posing for cutesy tourist pics, and hunting for hot Italian (or French, or maybe even English) stud-muffins.

But since her parents trust her about as much as they trust a cat burglar at the moment, Flora has no choice but to suffer through the boyfriend-less summer of her discontent from the back of a rented SUV, until Fate tosses a sexy, sophisticated gypsy boy into her path, making Flora wonder if destiny might know best after all. 

That is until destiny screws up, big time. Because just as Flora falls head over heels, an unexpected turn of events threatens to land her in the slammer - or worse, separate her from the man of her dreams.

*yawns* I don't even know why I bothered to read this book. So Flora goes on a six day holiday with her family at a huge campsite. Whilst lost she catches the eye of a gyspy boy called Mick and their romance blossoms. Well I thought she wasn't going to see the boy until the last day but noooo they fell in love in less that 48hours!! That really bugged me and it made me laugh so much. They are complete strangers who end up kissing eachother and saying 'I love you' and they haven't even properly got to know him. It is a six day holiday not a summer camp!!!! (excuse the excessive exclamation marks it is a way to show my hate for the book.) It was just plain annoying, then the next day Flora has been introduced to Mick's parents. I don't get it it isn't even her third day there and they are doing what people who have been dating for months do. Just ridiculous really. Then ooo suddenly she is in a big mess up and who will save her! Boringg, it was the worst ending ever but I won't say it or it will spoil the book if you want to read it (please just don't). I'm so glad that I didn't pay for  it because that would be money straight down the drain.
Overall, I would give this book a 1/5 no just a 0/5 it annoyed me so much and I dont know how I survived to the end of the horrendous book.
Keep Reading,
Naomi...xxx
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment